Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Erp! Spoke too soon.

I didn't want to mention this about the wonderful Onyx Satellite interface but I'm actually on my third one... Mackie has promptly and courteously replaced the last two, but today during a recording gig I found that this one too had the same problem. It makes a crackling/artifacting noise regardless of the level of the incoming audio. I've captured an isolated sample of the crackling sound and plan to call Mackie again tomorrow to discuss this with them.

I'm actually hoping to get a full refund and switch to the smaller (albeit less flexible) Presonus Inspire, because of the great experience I've had with the Firepod.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I like reading your blog and how you describe your trip.
I found you on Gearslutz.

Myself I am using the KORG MR-1000 with a Crookwood Paintpot (mic-pre-amp) however if you are travelling it might be on the heavy site and on the otherhand the internal pre-amps of the Korg are great, listen to my sound samples of symphonic orchestra recorded with MR-1000 on Gearslutz.

My mics are DPA 4006 however I can recommend the 4060, they sound great and are very portable and inexpensive.

Regards,

Gaston69

Good luck